Post Ride LinksThere are several links in this page organized by:
- OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHS
- RIDE REPORTS AND PHOTOS
- AMERICAN RANDONNEUR ARTICLE RIDE REPORTS AND PHOTOS
1. COULEE CHALLENGE OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHS - courtesy Deb Ford Photography.
2018 Coulee Challenge 1200k Official Photographs Some notes about organization:
- There are 5 galleries (Pre-ride and Days 1 to 4), each holding a separate collection of photos.
- To search for yourself or another rider, you'll have the best results if you enter the rider number and last name ('2 Arms', for example).
- I hope it is self-explanatory that you are free to download any of these photos.
- Most of the photo file sizes are somewhere between 1MB and 3MB. If you need something larger or in a format other than JPEG, please email me.
- From start to finish, it was profoundly humbling to witness your individual journeys through this terrific course. However your story unfolded, wherever your finish line was drawn, I will always be inspired by your spirit and the courage it took just to roll up to the start line in Apple Valley.
Deb Ford firstname.lastname@example.org
2. RIDE REPORTS AND PHOTO ALBUMS
Here are a number of Ride Reports from Coulee Challenge riders.
Ed Felker and Mary Gersema rode their tandem. They each wrote a ride report, each very different, each of them very good reading.
Mary Gersema's Ride Report
Ed Felker Coulee Ride Report
Here's some of Rob Tulloh's ride pictures, including moving all the bikes for the Texas riders to and from the Twin Cities:
Rob Tulloh pictures
Here's Rod Geisert's very readable story of his Coulee ride and the friends he rode with, including pictures:
Rod Geiserts Ride Report and Pictures
Lane Coddington put together a great 12 minute video of his Coulee ride. How many of his scenes do you remember passing through?
Lane Coddington Video
Dawn Piech has posted a very compelling story about her Coulee Challenge adventure with many pictures and vivid memories of her experience. Here's Dawn's blog post. Note that her story unfolds over several posts (Preface, Days 1-4). Look at the info bar at the top of the blog screen to move between sections:
Dawn Piech's Ride Report
3. AMERICAN RANDONNEUR WINTER ISSUE ARTICLES AND PHOTOS An article about the Coulee Challenge will be appearing in the Winter issue of American Randonneur. The primary focus of the article is to have several Coulee riders tell their story about the ride and what it meant to them. There was a fairly strict word count limit to fit it into the AR format, so most stories had to be shortened but still convey the spirit of each rider's experience. To read their full stories, with pictures, click on the links below.